2 weeks off in numbers:
- 1 road trip to my native Devon/Somerset
- 2 trips to the ice cream parlour for pistachio, raspberry and lime cheesecake ice cream
- 1 test drive in a (new-ish) car
- 1 swim and a bike ride, practically a triathlon ;)
- 1 wobbly treetop walk
- 4 lunches out
- 3 flat whites consumed
- 1 new addiction to Wired magazine
- 1 sunny day at the park
- 1 trip to Mad Museum, Stratford
- 1 excellent book read which led me to...
- 2 decisions made and many big changes ahead
Back with renewed enthusiasm today and it feels great! It’s so easy as a business owner to just keep going and not give yourself a proper break. I’ve been guilty of this in the past and suffered burn-out as a result, not a great state of mind for creativity.
This holiday I aimed to spend time completely free from business, design, anything related to work and bar a couple of lapses (when I couldn’t resist reading something) I achieved that. After this break I feel fresher, full of ideas and excited to making some really positive changes at The Usual Studio. Definitely time well spent.
- Charlee Sully, Creative Director of The Usual Studio
I work across design, ideas, strategy and content, writing about design, innovation and entrepreneurship. I love sushi, tea's my cuppa of choice and BBC6 music's always on. Unlike a former housemate - I do find comedy funny.